College Bound Athletes


If you an athlete who is considering playing at a Division I or Division II College, you must register with the NCAA as well as meet academic eligibility standards in regards to your high school curriculum, GPA, and ACT scores. You must visit the NCAA Eligibility Center website to register. It is also very important to notify your counselor that you are interested in playing college level athletics. Your high school counselor can help you make sure you are enrolled in approved courses each year during high school.

When you register for the SAT or ACT test in March of your junior year, you will need to request that your test scores are sent directly to the NCAA clearinghouse by filling in their code on the bubble sheet. (The NCAA code is 9999.) If you have already taken the SAT/ACT, you will need to go to their website and request to have your scores sent to the NCAA.

Division I schools have a sliding GPA scale and ACT sum score.

Division II college have minimum GPA and ACT sum scores.

Division I and II eligibility requirement information can be found here: NCAA Quick Reference Sheet

Detailed information regarding NCAA and the prospective athlete process can be found here: Prospective Student Athlete Guide


Any student interested in playing sports at a NAIA college (Division III) will need to register with NAIA and have their eligibility to play determined. Students can register with the NAIA at The following are some of the Michigan colleges that participate with NAIA, though not all colleges may be listed:

Aquinas College, Concordia University, Cornerstone University, Davenport University, Madonna University, Marygrove College, Siena Heights University, Spring Arbor University, and the University of Michigan-Dearborn.